Welcome

Welcome!! We decided to create this site as an easier way to share all of our adventures with our family and friends. We moved to Okinawa, Japan in August 2008 and plan to be here until the summer of 2011. We hope you enjoy our site and we look forward to sharing our adventures with you!

Rohr Family

Rohr Family

Friday, November 14, 2008

Powerpoints and Hockey Rinks

I've combined a few of Karl's emails to me this week to give you an idea of his life right now....

Hi Erica, well I came to the conclusion last night that you might as well box up my laptop and send it. I’m here for a while and if I have my own computer I will be able to log on in my room via wifi and utilize Skype. Time moves very slowly out here and the days drag. So maybe this will help speed it up a bit. I am doing well and getting the hang of what I need to do job wise. It is fun, particularly meeting the foreign services. British Marines, Canadians, French, Dutch, Germans, Latvians, Estonians,. The Canadians even built a hockey rink and play all night, roller hockey now ice hockey once it freezes. Weird. --Karl

The weather is nice here today, cool sunny, not too much dust in the air. I need to got to the gym though as I couldn’t get my butt out f bed this morning.

Do you now anyone who likes cigars? They have a German Duty Free store here that offers Cubans. J I am not a fan but that’s alright.

I am staying busy, lots of PPT slides and briefings to give and receive. It does remind me why I like being in command though. A commander provides the impetus behind the presentation, the guidance to create a good program but the staff does the work of building it. I am the staff now, so there I am building slides and working with my old nemesis the excel spreadsheet. Good skills but I am rusty.

The bazaar is this weekend and I plan on going out there with my camera and taking pictures of what is available. Make your x-mas list!

--Karl

No comments:

Post a Comment