Welcome

Welcome!! We decided to create this site as an easier way to share all of our adventures with our family and friends. We moved to Okinawa, Japan in August 2008 and plan to be here until the summer of 2011. We hope you enjoy our site and we look forward to sharing our adventures with you!

Rohr Family

Rohr Family

Friday, February 20, 2009

Happy Belated Valentines

I hope everyone had a nice Valentines Day. The kids and I started the day with heart shaped waffles, then proceeded to make butternut squash raviolis with my friend Nicole. I'm always amazed and pleased by the girls desire to cook. After I struggled with kneading the dough, we had a great time rolling it out. The raviolis were part of my Valentines dinner with six of girlfriends whose husbands are gone. It was a wonderful night, great food and hilarious conversations.

Other than the daily events in our lives, we haven't been up to anything exciting. Ella and I go to mommy and me gymnastics every Tuesday; followed by Meghan's ballet. Carolyn is still on the waiting list, though we expect she'll be called for ballet within the next month or so. The girls and I spend Tuesdays and Thursdays together, which we all enjoy. These days are one of the main reasons I hesitate to go back to work. Plus, I'm really happy not to be juggling parenting and work.
Oh, I did make a radical change soon after my birthday. I chopped and dyed my hair dark brown. So long blonde. It is so different, most folks don't recognize me at first. This was supposed to be a temporary change to give my hair a break from all the bleaching. But I love it; I may never go back!

The other exciting news is that I spent last Saturday at the ER over what I thought was a broken toe. Carolyn jumped up on me, catching my right pinkie toe in her dress. I started to have visions of a ruined ski vacation. Thankfully it is just a sprained toe. But boy does it hurt! We leave next Saturday for northern Japan. We're all so excited.

Last eventful activity occurred on Friday. Carolyn has a 1/2 day once a month. I try to use the time for one on one time with her. This time she requested we go for a bike ride together. We had a ton of fun exploring our local neighborhoods. Lots of places you can't get to with a larger car, like we have. You need to walk or bike. Here are two of our finds:

Local seafood market (yest those are parrot fish)


Roadside garden center

Last stop, snack at the local bakery










1 comment:

  1. So you've joined the ranks of us brunettes! Now we will finally know the truth. Who has more fun? Blondes or Brunettes??? Let us know. My skiing is done for the season, since I just got the results of my MRI. I have a slight tear in my left miniscus and a minor fracture. No need for surgery. I have to wear a brace, take Ibrufen and take it easy. On a high note, I'm glad I don't need surgery, but I'm bummed out that I can't ski. I should be okay when I get to Okinawa just in case I decide to do that Forest Adventure. The Doc thinks I'll be fine. I hope you have great snow conditions on your ski vacation with Ali and Gary. Have a great time. Loved the pics of Carolyn ... she looks very happy. It's always special when you can have a special day one-on-one. The girls will always remember their "special days." Love, Ange aka Grandmom

    ReplyDelete